Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Workin it out

I have never been a fan of working out. I never had the motivation to go on my own, and I usually only went when Joel dragged me there. And when I actually went to the gym, I'd wander around, run for a bit, do some more wandering, get on a random machine, wander...

BUT I figured out the secret to a successful workout (for me anyway)

GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES

Who would have thought? I absolutely love them. I think that having a set time, where I know what I'll be doing, has helped motivate me to go. Classes I love?
1. Spinning- probably my least fun class, but a great cardio workout (and yes your butt does get used to the seat)
2. Body pump- this class is one that Joel actually likes to come to, which makes it even more fun. Ive never liked weight lifting but this class puts it to music and gives all your muscle groups a killer workout.
3. TurboKick- this is class kicks my trash, definitely the most tiring- which also means TONS of calories burned :) It's non stop kicking, punching and jumping. But again, it's set to music so it's still fun.
4. ZUMBA- ah saved the best for last. Zumba is like my treat for going to all the other classes haha it's a pretty good cardio workout, but definitely the most fun I've ever had working out.

I love going to work out 5 nights a week, which is something I never thought I'd say, and I find myself looking forward to them during the day. So for anyone who may be discouraged about working out, or says they hate it (MOM) I say you have to try one of these classes.

And to prove that I really have been working out for the past 3 months I took this super embarrassing picture after zumba...notice those sweet guns? Haha

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go with you to the gym! I've been hounding ladies in my neighborhood to come do a 6 week boot camp with me and no one will!!! But I know I'll give up if I do it alone. Errrr. Maybe I should just do it alone and then flaunt my sweet success. I would cry so hard if I lost my iphone data. OMG. YEARS worth of stuff.

    ReplyDelete