Monday, March 14, 2011

mmmmm tomaters.

So a few weeks ago in Ward Conference
a member of our Stake Presidency told
us that we NEED to plant a garden
He basically told us that there is
no excuse not to have one
And I wanted to be like,
"um yeah I have a ton of them"
Ha but he's totally right.
and with all of this craziness going on in the world
(earthquakes, tsunamis, war, uprisings)
The realization that the Second Coming
is ACTUALLY COMING- hit me.
and it really kinda freaks me out.
So I am going to heed the words of
encouragement and start a garden


Now this is definitely not my yard/garden
But this is what Im going to try
a Square Foot Garden
I've been looking online
and supposedly ANYONE can make one of these work.
I have no green thumb, So this really appeals to me haha

This is my sad yard
It needs alot of sunshine and love
and this is where im planning
my future garden
Im thinking of doing a 2 x 6 foot box
and plant some of my favorite veggies
Tomatoes, zuchini, peas, cucumbers, carrots...
and maybe some lettuce and cilantro?

The cool thing about the square foot garden plan
is that it doesnt matter
that my soil is Terrible- because you put your
own soil mixture into the box.

Im going to start this this weekend...
because according to my
"Gardening in Idaho" book I need to start
planting things within the next month!
and of course
its supposed to rain on Saturday (figures)

But no excuses right??



1 comment:

  1. Alli you are so inspiring! I need to plant a garden too. I am very proud of you :) and I am sorry I never responded to your comment, I totally spaced it and feel so bad. I havent had to buy that vitamin e oil in a while because one bottle lasts me forever, but I got mine right by all of the multi vitamins in the pharmacy. if its not there, i dont know where it would be now :( maybe ask a worker? haha im sorry im no help! i hope everything is going well for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete