Thursday, September 23, 2010

I want to l i v e and l o v e

So I stole this quote off of a friends blog, but when I read it I HAD to post it.

I LOVE IT

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."-Marjorie Hinckley

When I read this I was like ah!! because it was a smack in the face.
But a good one.

I feel like sometimes I get really caught up in what clothes I have, or dont have, or the fact that "everyone" has a new car and I want to trade my 1998 honda for a shiny new one, or that the johnsons house is decorated cuter than mine. or Im thinking, what can I do to make some money on the side so I can buy seasons of One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl and Modern Family, or poor me because Im working full time and taking two really hard classes.....BLAH BLAH BLAH.



Instead of coming home from work and vegging on the couch for an hour, Im going to start doing anything nice I can think of for someone else.


At the moment all I can think of is taking someone yummy sweets....what else can I do for people when they dont ask? If you have some fun service ideas PLEASE let me know.

I am going to try to be more like Sister Hinckley.




AND if YOU need any help with ANYTHING, LET ME KNOW.


(seriously, ask me.)



and just for fun here are some pictures of

things i love :)


(Mr. Darcy. this is my favorite scene in the movie, the cinematography is amazing)

(one of my faves of joel)
(This is my new bed set that is coming...it makes me happy)

(Rainy days= cuddling)

(This is a book im reading. I adore the characters, more about it when I finish)



(how could you not love that face??)


(I love this pose...watching his ball intently...haha so cute)


(I love cupcakes, and Halloween, so naturally I love these)

(after I went to the temple the first time, such a good day, love our family)
(Fall beautifulness)





(baby jack, one of my favorite pics of him)



(just saw this movie, LOVED it.)



(Hatch Family Chocolates in Salt Lake, BEST HOT CHOCOLATE EVER)



(I hope that someday Joel and I are this cute- LOVE them)


Another really good quote to end this long random post. I dont even know who said it, it just came to me ha ha

"Never let a problem to be solved, become more important than a person to be helped."


2 comments:

  1. it was actually president monson but i think the last word is loved? its on my blogggggggg. unless maybe i got it wrong..which is TOTALLY possible! love you. love this post. love your sweet face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that quote from sister hinckley. and your post is such a great reminder of what we really should be caring about in this life. definitely something that is worth remindng myself.

    hope all is well <3

    ReplyDelete