Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pocat [hell] o

I have been kind of down about living here lately. But rightly so. (in my opinion) This sleepy dead railroad town has nothing to do. The only two things to do are go out to eat, or go to the movies. Which is fine, but every weekend?? I think there are two reasons for my frustrations. First being that I grew up in Seattle...therefore I know better. and Second, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Joel going to Med school is becoming more of a reality rather than just something way down the road. The thought of moving to a new place, exploring a new city, having an adventure with my fun husband, is so exciting and now that its a reality, im feeling very impatient with little Pocatello.
So last Saturday instead of feeling sorry for myself that there wasnt anything to do, Joel and I decided to go explore. And let me tell you, Pocatello has some random stuff. We drove up Pocatello Creek and took our new little Jeep. We drove as far as we could on the pavement and then tried out the 4 wheel drive in some snow- While Joel was laughing and having fun, I was clutching the arm rests and squealing. But no worries, our little guy did great, even though I doubted him. haha.
After we drove down, I started noticing a bunch of random stuff on the side of the road and in peoples fields etc...this led to a two hour drive around Pocatello. In the end it ended up being an awesome adventure because it gave Joel and I time to talk, listen to Brett Dennen and just relax. Here are a few of the many random pictures we took :)



Pretty sure this thing is a million years old, and could probably be sold for a lot of money...but instead its just sitting in a field. haha





I thought this was super cool, but Joel informed me that there are old trains like this all over Pocatello...Im still a little skeptical since i've never seen one....


(also just sitting in the middle of a field)



I love the Hotel Yellowstone, Im not sure why, but I think it looks like it should be in an old movie or something- I love the yellow sign









I guess Pocatello isnt THAT bad, there are some upsides to a small town; no traffic, hardly any creepers/crime, relatively quiet...mmm yeah thats about it. haha I guess that will be my goal until we move, find more things to love about Pocatello.



Challenge Accepted.





ps. that last line is a tribute to Barney from How I Met Your Mother...we're done with all the seasons on Netflix and I think im in mourning.





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE HIMYM!!!! We have watched all of the seasons too .There are a whole bunch of train cars everywhere down there...Blackfoot has a few. And I am kind of partial to Idaho but once you move away you are going to miss it. Believe me. :)

    ReplyDelete