Sunday, September 4, 2011

MmMmMmmm...




I have been working at my job now for about 3 years. which is crazy, I cant believe i've been there that long. But anyways, in my working experience I have found that most people in general are easily influenced by good food.


Example:

Me- Hey Boy, can you trade me days off so I can have saturday off instead of tuesday?

Boy- That sucks, I dont want to give up my saturday off for a tuesday...

Me- Ill bake you something? Brownies, Oreos, cookies??

Boy- Only if you make oreos.


Its amazing the influence sweets can have. and these little guys pictured above are the top dog. no one can say no to these, because they are simply just amazing! and other than being time consuming, they are really easy to make. and they are my husbands favorite, which just makes them that much better to make! :)


Homemade Oreos


Cookies

1 package Devils Food cake mix

1/2 Cup Oil

2 Eggs

Mix above ingredients together. Mix the dough into dime sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 min. let cookies cool.


Frosting

8 Oz. Cream Cheese

1/2 Square Butter

2 tsp. Vanilla

2-4 Cups Powdered Sugar

***SECRET INGREDIENT- 2 tsp. Almond Flavoring -Thanks Julie Palmer :)

Mix all frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost backs of cookies and place together to make sandwich cookie.


These cookies never disappoint and are easliy doubled or tripled for parties or get togethers. I usually double the cookie recipe, and single the frosting and still have frosting left over.


So moral of my story is that the way to pretty much anyones heart is through these cookies :)



2 comments:

  1. yuuuummm! im super pumped to make these now. it was good to see you the other night. sorry i got caught up and stopped talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should totally make me some. because i am lazy and dont make my own frosting. thanks for offering. hahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete