Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lemonada in Paradise

Back in May we took a little adventure down to Mexico with out friends Tyson and Stephani Flower....and let me just say it was AMAZING!! We spent most of the time lounging in the hammocks or on the beach and eating delicious food. AND all you can drink drinks...which means amazing lemonada and shirley temples!



These hammocks were the best, and inspired us to buy one for our backyard haha



The grounds and gardens of the resort were so beautiful!




I dont know why I look so upset but I was loving life. Reading in a hammock in paradise...pretty much best time ever.



and I had to throw this one in because my husband is totally hot :)


Tulum!!





















We went on an all day tour that was easily the best day there! We started with Tulum in the morning, then went on some zip lines over a gorgeous cenote.











Then after canoeing we went cliff jumping...I didnt want to do it at first but of course they all made me haha and it was a blast













Then we walked through the jungle and saw a little mayan village where they pay real mayans to live...haha it was kinda weird but cool at the same time. Then we went snorkeling in these sweet caves. The water was freezing and im preeeetty sure there was bat poop in it in various places, but id rather not think about it. Our guide informed us that they filmed a horror movie in the cave which I think was supposed to impress me, but actually made me think of terrible horror movie outcomes while snorkeling in it.



*notice i am like 12 and am the only one who has to wear a life jacket





On our way to Akumal to snorkel with the sea turtles!


*probably my favorite picture





They are so pretty!! Their shells look painted!


Notice our lovely goggle lines



BEST NACHOS ON THE PLANET!



And last stop was snorkeling in a lagoon. After I got out to soak up sun on the rocks the other three were attacked by a barracuda they were stalking. It was pretty hilarious to hear screams come out of the top of their snorkels.



Best food we ate at the Japanese restaurant, I must say better than Benihana!






It was so much fun and I cant wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. im sooo jealous right now! it looks like you guys had a blast! that tour really is the best thing! glad you guys got to do it! sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete