Monday, October 25, 2010

Childhood

2 weeks ago I went up to my grandmas house in Grant (north of IF) to visit and decided to take miley for a walk down through the fields. I havent been down them in years, and it brought back alot of memories.


This is what is left of my childhood treehouse. We used to come to my grandparents house almost every summer growing up, and most of that time was taken up with adding on to our ridiculously sweet treehouse. When I was about 14 my grandmas 90 year old neighbor was burning her weeds and the fire got away from her and ended up burning down our treehouse.

Since then I havent been down the fields to see what was left, and it was really sad. Growing up we used to swim in the ditches and ride our bikes through the fields and down to the convenient store to buy candy. It was crazy to go back after forever and see it :)

Miley was such a good sport and posed for me in super windy weather :)



1 comment:

  1. Allison,
    You are such a great writer and photographer to boot. When I read your blog to your mom it choked me up. It is hard to go back and see things that gave you such joy are now gone. I felt the same way standing over my parents grave with Marshall and my brother Steve a few weeks ago. It was hard to see the reality of them being gone from this earth once again. I greatly appreciated the beautiful photo at the top of your blog and the fine advise under it. Not only cherish the journey, but also those whom you are sharing it with. Love you lots! Dad

    ReplyDelete