Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a delightful afternoon read

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


This book is one of the best books I have read. At first when I started reading I didnt know what to think because the whole book is written in letters between the characters. But it turned out to be awesome!! I grew to adore the characters and the stories that begin to weave as the letters are written back and forth. The book takes place right after WWII ends and I loved that it taught a little history while entertaining. It is a pretty short read and I would recommend it to ANYONE who likes to read :) (even boys, there is a little bit of a love story but NOTHING cheesy and sappy like twilight...ha ha im trying to get Joel and my dad to read it)

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I just read this book! I loved it too! Its was so fun and easy to read. I loved how you just fell in love with everyone in the story. Have any other book recommendations?

    P.S I am following you now. You should follow me. www.recreateclothing.blogspot.com

    P.S.S I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete