Saturday, August 29, 2009

Discouraged

So I havent been very good at updating this as frequently as i'd like to- so ill play catch up for a minute. Joel and I decided that we want to buy a house. That sounds easy enough right? Well thats what I thought anyway. I wish buying a house were like going to the store to buy something- you see what you want and you buy it. We have been going back and forth with the seller of the house we want for the last few weeks...Its driving me INSANE. First of all the guy is a TOTAL jerk, he's like 26 and just flips houses...so he didnt come down at all on the price- which was fine because I still think we are getting a good deal on it. BUT we just had the inspection yesterday and found that it needs rain gutters, and a new furnace (those are the big things). So we sent over an offer saying that he needs to fix those things....and I know he's gonna say no. Now im discouraged. We've put so much effort and Money into this house already so if he says no do we keep trying to negotiate or just say forget it and walk?



The other problem is that if we try to look for another house how do I know that we wont go through the same thing- fork out another $250 for the appraisal and $250 for the inspection and have it come back with lots of problems. All of the houses we are looking at are built before 1960- so apart of me is like well they are all probably going to have some issues so maybe we just say ok and fix it. Then another part of me is like I just dont want to deal with it! Should we just keep renting? aaaaaaahhhhhhh.



And this is why I wish I could just go to the house store and buy one. period.



In other happier less depressing news...I made enchiladas! Wahoo! ha ha I normally hate cooking- I would rather do dishes for 2 hours than cook- BUT I think there is hope for me afterall because I actually sort of enjoyed making them. I think I really just enjoyed the fact that Joel loved them and that I made them. all by myself. And that they were actually REEEAALLLYY good. These arent MY enchiladas but they looked almost exactly like this ha ha so I figured I could put it up.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! You should come over here like once a month and we can cook dinner! I love to cook - you just need some easy recipes and then it's not so bad! Hang in there with the house - it is tough but it will worth it when it's over!

    ReplyDelete