Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sewing Project #2

Sewing Project # 1 is finished
but I still need to find some white lampshades to complete the bedroom transformation
then I can finally reveal it! haha
So this is Sewing Project #2
This baby took almost 2 days
Without the help of my momma, it probably would have taken a year
I have this skirt that I LOVE and wear all the time
and figured it would probably be easy to copy it and make another
the easy part....not so much
BUT it is just as cute (in my opinion)

I was going for purple fabric...
but I saw this and fell in love
Doesnt it remind you of the JETSONS????


I look mad in this picture
but I was just super tired
haha it was like midnight

We made up a pattern using my original skirt
That took more time than the actual sewing
But it was worth it to get what I want
and not have to pay 17$ for a pattern at Joanns
(17 bucks! ridiculous!)


My mom is like the master sewer
I swear she could sew anything
(as you will see in sewing project #1 and soon to be #3)
She is amazing and I love her :)


This picture is the worst cuz I took it on my phone
but you can kinda see it right?
I love it!
I need a turqoise shirt so you can see the black waistband better
I cant wait until I get good enough to actually
make legit stuff by myself
My next challenge is a church bag
Wish me luck!






1 comment: